Not just a Hotel – Karungi Camp Lodging
Karungi Camp is the perfect base for your adventures in Uganda, whatever they may be! Karungi Camp is a comfortable, affordable, convenient and fun place to explore. You can choose to stay in one of our comfy cabins (for $40/night single; $60/night double inclusive of a local breakfast), or enjoy the outdoors all day and night in our campsite (for just $10/night). You will eat, drink, relax and share your stories with local community members and other travellers in our onsite dining space. restaurant.
What makes Karungi Camp different?
Our goal is to ensure you take a piece of Uganda home with you in your heart! We do this by providing you with the opportunities to experience the area, hikes, culture, artisanal skills … Rubuguri has talented guides, artisans, hosts, farmers and dancers all born in this beautiful and fascinating corner of Uganda. They’ve grown up on the edge of Bwindi forest with mountain gorillas as our neighbours and their homes are dotted between the steep emerald green hills below the mighty Virunga Volcano chain. If you plan to stay at Karungi Camp, we’d love to help you meet them all!
The southern sector is relatively new to tourism compared to the busier northern side of the forest, the lodges have more space and view are spectacular – we think the best part of Bwindi is now on the map! Today because a greater number of gorilla families have opened for visitors down here, we’re proud to see our villages have the chance to become part of tourism.
We are eager to help people who would like to track mountain gorillas and also support the communities that live along side them – or for those that would like to visit our destination gorillas or not. It’s amazing how much there is to do here if you stay a few days.
If you’re interested in getting to know the real Uganda and adding a truly authentic edge to your trip, led by the local community.
Please contact us for availability and booking:
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com;
- Call us on WhatsApp at +256779806583
- Click Book Now on our Facebook page
- Check out our reviews on Trip Advisor
- We are also on Twitter and Instagram
Entrance to Karungi’s dining area
2 cottages comfortable sleep 4 people with a queen and a double bed
It gets a little chilly here at night times – relax around the fire after a magical day in Bwindi with the mountain gorillas
The Karungi Team
- Yoly – Proud Owner and Operator (among many other duties). Yoly is originally from Australia, but spent a number of years in Canada before coming to Uganda as a volunteer in 2016. She promptly fell in love with this place, and recognized a need for comfortable and affordable accommodations (and good food!) so that more people could experience the beauty and warmth of the area.
- Gordon – General Manager. Gordon comes from a nearby village, but has lived in this area for the past 4 years. He loves birding (he’s a wealth of knowledge on local species) and can’t wait to meet Karungi’s visitors.
- Topher – the orchestrator of the delicious meals you will eat at the camp.
- Sedraka – assists the orchestrator of the delicious meals and responsible for the hot showers you will relish after a long day exploring the area
- Yason – a beloved member of Karungi’s hospitality team, has recently welcomed a small human into his family who resides in a nearby village. Yason works tirelessly to ensure Karungi’s bar runs smoothly, is well stocked and our grounds are looking amazing!
- Bridget – bio coming soon.
At Karungi Camp, you’ll connect with the adventures and experiences you’re seeking, with the amazing natural world around you, and with the families, friends and culture that bring our Uganda to life!