Karungi Camp serves the best breakfast in Uganda – honestly! We’re serious breakfast lovers, and we’re pleased to offer a full à la carte breakfast to prepare you for your day of exploration. We also serve delicious Ugandan coffee from local projects and those in and around Kisoro. If you’ve travelled to Uganda before, you’ll truly appreciate that instant Nescafe coffee is not found in our restaurant!
Our menu reflects our philosophy and shared experiences and is a fusion of local and international cuisine that we believe brings out the best in both! In keeping with our commitment to helping others and building community, as much of our food is locally grown and produced as possible. If you’re interested, you can meet the local producers or tour our own (growing!) on-site garden. For now, we serve locally grown and processed coffee, as well as local honey and jams. We’re always exploring opportunities to expand our list of local products, and will be growing more fruit and herbs within walking distance of Karungi Camp in the near future.
Our passion for building community and connecting people with the communities and cultures around them also means that we’ve designed our restaurant as a place of connection – we’re the only restaurant in the area that offers a comfortable place to relax, enjoy a drink and a meal or snack for guests and local community members.
Our menu will change according to the seasons, the availability of local products, our chef’s creativity and guest favourites, but you can count on:
- Great coffee, including “specialty coffees” with liquor;
- Cold beverages, including fresh juice;
- Local jams and honey;
- Yummy snacks like hummus and guacamole;
- Fresh baked goods;
- Tea and chapatti;
- Delicious soup;
- A variety of western and Ugandan fusion main courses; and
- The Village Roast – this is a truly unique Ugandan experience! We roast a fresh, local goat or sheep, and 5,000 UGX will get you your very own Fred Flinstone-sized meat stick. Be sure to check out our Calendar of Events for the date of the next Village Roast!